BOSTON, MA, January 19, 2018 – Walsh Brothers, Incorporated, a leading construction management firm well known for its work on complex, high-quality and sensitive building projects, reports today that the firm exceeded its volume expectations and predicts a continued growth pattern in 2018.
The company is celebrating a strong financial performance, industry awards, and is welcoming new talent and new clients during 2017.
While the bulk of the firm’s work remains in the clinical health care, medical research, academia, and pharmaceutical sectors, Walsh Brothers is active again in the athletic sector. New work at Fitchburg State University’s Landry Arena includes an indoor turf field, batting cages, strength training area and a space for the City of Fitchburg’s Parks and Recreation Department.
Other project highlights throughout the year have included:
- Hosting the Topping Off ceremony for the new Harvard Business School Klarman Hall Convening Center
- Expanding our presence at Brigham and Women’s Hospital with the completion of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Expansion, launching the relocation of the hospital’s rooftop Helipad
- Celebrating the completion of Westfield State University’s Dr. Nettie M. Stevens Science & Innovation Center.
- Hosting the Topping Off ceremony for the North Shore Medical Center Campus Consolidation project
- Welcoming Boston Medical Center as a new client
- Preserving the historic façade of (The Boulevard) a new 12-story luxury condominium project on Boston’s Greenway
- Continuing to build a diverse workforce with 29% of this year’s new hires being women and minorities
Among the year’s industry awards Walsh Brothers was honored by the:
- Association of General Contractors (AGC) National AGC Safety Award
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) award for its excellence in the pre-construction and construction management of the City of Lynn’s new Thurgood Marshall Middle School
- Policy Group on Tradeswomen’s Issues with its “Crushing Barriers for Women” award.
In 2017, Walsh Brothers also launched the WALSH CUP, a golf tournament and charity event designed to bring industry partners, clients and employees together to further the firm’s commitment to relationship building and collaborative teamwork. Proceeds of the event were donated to the pediatric cancer care and research. Employees at Walsh Brothers also continued the firm’s tradition of participating in Rebuilding Together Boston to renovate a home in Boston for those in need.
“We have welcomed several new clients and exciting projects this year, yet, we can’t deny the foundation of our continued growth is in the long term relationship with several important institutional clients, said Richard C. Walsh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Walsh Brothers. “Walsh Brothers is currently involved in multiple projects on campuses across the region for Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University, Dana Farber and UMass, to name a few.”
Walsh Brothers, founded in 1901 and based in Boston, is a leading construction management firm well known for its work on complex, high-quality and sensitive building projects in a wide range of industries and specialties. For further information go to www.walshbrothers.com or https://www.linkedin.com/company/walsh-brothers-incorporated-